The Thirty-First (31st) Provincial Synod of the Moravian Church Eastern West Indies Province was concluded on July 16, 2015. It was time well spent.
The Rev. Dr. Conrad Spencer was elected as a bishop of the Unitas Fratrum to serve with Bishop Kingsley Lewis in the Province as Pastor Pastorum (Pastor of Pastors). Rev. Dr. Conrad Spencer will have the number 358 in the line of the Ancient Moravian Church and 296 of the Renewed Moravian Church. Bishop elect Spencer will be consecrated to the Episcopate on November 22, 2015 at Spring Gardens Moravian Church in Antigua.
The executive board to see to the administration of the Province until the next Provincial Synod, named the Provincial Elders Conference (PEC), was elected as follows:
- Chairman - Rev. Dr. Cortroy Jarvis has responsibility for Administration, Finance, Ecumenical & Fraternal Relations.
- Vice Chairman - Rev. Dr. Errol Connor has responsibility for Mission and Evangelism
- Secretary - Rev. Dr. Winelle Kirton-Roberts has responsibility for Ministry & Theological Education
- Lay Delegate - Sis. Karen Challenger-George has responsibility for Christian Education and Youth
- Lay Delegate - Bro. George Ramsay has responsibility for Development
- Treasurer - Sis. Elisa Hodge
Those elected as Delegates to Unity Synod were, Rev. Adrian Smith and Sis. Jeaneta Waithe. Unity Synod will be held in Jamaica in 2016.
Several Resolutions and Recommendations were made at the Synod which will help to propel the Church forward as we seek to “Advance the Kingdom.”
Profound gratitude is expressed all who by their prayers and tangible support contributed to the success of the Thirty-First (31st) Provincial Synod.